Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Walk Around the Mall

Another day of learning and sharing!  I am fascinated by all the historical artifacts I am seeing and exploring.  Today I saw the telegram that Orville and Wilbur Wright sent when they celebrated their first flight.  Did you know that the "Big Bang" is still sending out radioactive particles millions of years later? A curator showed us the documentation that recorded those particles.  I thought that the Library of Congress was all about history, but the science and technology artifacts are amazing.  I even saw the notebook where Alexander Graham Bell wrote notes about his invention - the telephone.   I am learning so much - I think my brain is starting to overflow.  I'm excited to share some things with you. 

After class today, I had time to take a walk around the National Mall - and no, it's not a mall for shopping.  I saw so many monuments and statues.  Here are a couple that I saw.  Who will be the first to guess the names?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment